I had two responses when I read this story about France and the country’s new President: 1) Say, “I told you so”, and 2) Laugh.
Other suitable responses:
* Sometimes you get what you ask for. (Or, in the words of NP, “Sometimes the angels punish us by answering our prayers”.)
* Complex systems are complex
* The future cannot be predicted
* More laughter (this is France we’re talking about, after all)
* More laughter (these are mostly lefties we’re talking about, after all. And if there’s anything that deserves both laughter and no sympathy it’s whining. Also, see above (sometimes the angels punish us…))